Want to save money on the cost of your heating oil?
Community Buying at CAS is a social enterprise focussed on reducing the cost of your heating oil. We are a subsidiary of Community Action Suffolk, a charity working with people and communities across Suffolk to strengthen the voluntary and community sector. Our bulk oil buying scheme is now available to people and communities across Cambridgeshire. We have worked with our ACRE Network sister organisation Cambridgeshire ACRE to merge our memberships together to increase the bulk buying power. Community Buying at CAS, with AF Affinity, (a subsidiary of Anglia Farmers), is able to use the buying power of its parent company to offer consistently low prices.
All you need to do to take advantage of the scheme is to pay an annual membership fee, which will cover as many oil orders as you need during the course of the year for your property. Individual household membership costs £20, Community Buildings (village halls, community groups, churches, etc.) £30 and Businesses £100 all payable annually directly to Community Buying at CAS Ltd.
What’s the snag?
By bringing communities throughout Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Essex together and making the most of joint buying power, we can make savings and pass them directly to people like you whose fuel costs are high simply because you use oil-fired central heating. It also saves you the time and hassle of telephoning round various suppliers to get quotes.
The environment benefits:
Every time a tanker comes out to make a delivery, it is using a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as a horrifying 8 miles per gallon. If deliveries are organised so that one tanker delivers to several customers in a village instead of making lots of individual deliveries, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is the traffic in the village.
How the scheme works – 5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
1. You can order online via the website, by email, or by posting your order form to Community Buying at CAS. Please allow two weeks for delivery of oil from bulk oil order deadline dates. (In most cases delivery will be sooner, usually within 7 working days from the end of price negotiations).
2. Twice a month (once a month in December, due to Christmas), we place bulk oil orders for members across Cambridgeshire.
3. At the end of each oil ordering period, the bulk oil purchase is negotiated by our oil buyer.
4. We then write or email you with the details of when to expect delivery and how much it will cost per litre.
5. If you have completed and returned your Direct Debit Form, that’s it. Your oil will be delivered and you will be sent an invoice for the exact amount of oil you have had delivered. Payment will be drawn from your bank account on or shortly after the 24th of the month following the invoice date. A statement will also be sent to the email address provided. You will only be contacted by the supplier if you have requested to be contacted prior to delivery.
Don’t delay join now!
2. Assuming you are happy to pay by direct debit (*), please print off, complete, sign and return the direct debit instruction of AF Affinity, leaving the ‘Reference’ field blank. Please put the first line of your address on the back of your form so that we can identify who you are. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Direct Debit Mandates by email.
3. Please post your completed Direct Debit Mandate form (and your membership fee, if paying by cheque) to:
Community Buying at CAS Ltd
160 Hadleigh Road
Suffolk IP2 0HH
* Please note that the Direct Debit Guarantee at the bottom of the form provides strict safeguards, including your entitlement to a full and immediate refund in the unlikely event that an error is made by AF Affinity, and your option to cancel the direct debit at any time by contacting your bank. On this basis, we would recommend that you pay AF Affinity by this method. Each time you have oil delivered you will receive an invoice from AF Affinity to advise you how much will be taken and when. If you are not in a position to set up a direct debit, you will need to provide AF Affinity with your debit/credit card details each time you place an order. Credit card transactions will attract an additional 2% transaction fee.
Once we receive your application form and paperwork, we will register your membership and you will be sent your ordering details which means that you can then order your oil as soon as you wish.
If anything about the process is unclear, please do not hesitate to call us on 01473 345355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Oil Prices
Bulk oil order prices for members who ordered in Cambridgeshire in September:
The 22nd September 2017 Deadline for the Bulk Oil Order Negotiations achieved the following price:
Highest price quoted by a supplier: 44.68 pence per litre
Average price quoted by suppliers: 41.32 pence per litre
Member price (kerosene): 39.49 pence per litre
(VAT of 5% must be added to all prices shown)
Please click on the above graph to increase it’s size
Oil Buying Deadline Dates
If you need a delivery of oil before the next bulk buying deadline, please email email@example.com and we can place an individual order for you.
*** LAST BULK BUYING DATE BEFORE JANUARY 2018 ***
24th November 2017 for posted and emailed orders and 26th November for Website Orders
5th January 2018 for posted email orders and 7th January 2018 for Website Orders
19th January 2018 for posted email orders and 21st January 2018 for Website Orders
2018 Bulk Oil Order Dates can be found here.
Click here to find advice from Suffolk Constabulary on how to secure your heating oil. Though this is from Suffolk Constabulary, the information is equally useful wherever you live.
Get To Know Your Oil Tank
Click here to find useful advice and information on your oil tank – A guide to looking after an oil storage tank and avoiding pollution